- Thou shalt sing loud and proud. Enthusiasm trumps talent every time.
- Thou shalt use a prop or wear a costume piece during thy song.
- Thou shall not steal the props or costume pieces thou wearest.
- If thou singest Melissa Etheridge, thou must hold the turkey baster the whole time.
- All “musical breaks” shall actually be known as “dance breaks.” Thou must break it down.
- Thou shalt serve as backup dancers for other singers.
- Thou shalt participate in all group numbers. Dancing, clapping, and rhythmic accompaniment is encouraged.
- Thou shalt spew forth nothing but positive comments and compliments.
- Thou shalt respect the space and consent of others (duh), and be really nice to the host.
- Thou shalt tag the shit out of your posts so that you are spreading the glittery news about Queeraoke
Thou shalt take many selfies. Photobombing others’ selfies is highly encouraged.